How I can help you
I was raised and educated in New York City. Proudly served in the US Army during Vietnam Era. I worked in both private and public sectors. After my tenure at the headquarters of Coca-Cola USA, I became co-founder and President of Vargas Flores & Amigos, a promotional agency based in Atlanta, GA. The agency specialized in ethnic advertising and marketing nationwide.
I have over 40 years of sales/marketing executive experience in consumer marketing and B2B promotions and trade show activities. My work experience has been with Food & Beverage, Healthcare/Clinics, HR Benefits & Recruitment, Plus, nurturing non-profits and for profits entities to grow and contribute to society.
I consider myself a 'Creative Thinker' and lead person for community outreach programs by working with multi-ethnic communities, small firms, and government agencies.
Please note areas of expertise:
1. Strong knowledge of food and beverage companies with Coca-Cola and others
2. Financial & Insurance services with Aflac and State Farm, etc.,
3. Community involvement with chambers of commerce and small business development
VensureHR, a professional employer organization serving small business HR solutions
4. Track record of developing cross-cultural training manuals for Georgia Dept of Human Resources and the 2010 Census Count, as a Partnership Specialist in seven North Georgia counties.
5. Personal Achievements: Helped to develop promotional strategies and materials for DeKalb County Tourism and Visitors Bureau to enhance travel to points of interest in DeKalb County's famous Stone Mountain Park, Fernbank Museum and Downtown Decatur, Georgia.
Member of the Marketing Committee for 1996 Olympics in Atlanta with Coca-Cola bottlers nationwide.
Consulted for Health Care Dynamics International in Baltimore, MD; worked on CMS MACRA mandate and problem solving with clinics in Puerto Rico, Florida, Texas, California and New York.
Helped to implemented federal requires program to reach persons with limited English proficiency; I was able to recruit, train and place qualified and approved multi- language interpreters into court system, hospitals, clinics and Atlanta International Airport.
A former US Army veteran the served in Europe;
I proudly served on non-profits, as part of my Community Involvement:
Broad Membership on The Metro Atlanta American Red Cross
Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Social Change / Advisory Committee for MLK, Jr. Day and National Parade
Travelers Aid of Metro Atlanta (HOPE)
Catholic Social Service -.Marketing committee
Hughes Spalding Children's Hospital - Marketing committee
Georgia State University/ Anthropology Department advisory board member
DeKalb County, GA and Flagler County m FL - school volunteer and education Ambassador
Metro Atlanta Regional Commission, Transportation Advisory Committee
New York Archdiocese -San Juan Festival committee member
National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals - Atlanta Chapter-Board member National Image-Atlanta Chapter, Vice President
LISTA Hispanic Information Technology, Volunteer to nonprofit
Hispanic American Club of Palm Coast, FL - Member
High School Volunteer with Flagler School System
SCORE Certified Mentor, plus Diversity and Inclusion Champion based at Palm Coast City Hall Small Business Center
Areas of Expertise
- Business Plans / Startup Assistance
- Government Regulations & Contracting
- Human Resources
- Marketing, Public Relations & Sales
- Other Services (except public admin.)
- Accommodation & Food Services
- Arts, Entertainment, & Recreation
- Finance & Insurance
- Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services
- Retail Trade